Springwest Academy, part of Tudor Park Education Trust, is a dynamic, aspirational and forward looking place to work and learn. Enormous energy is created in constantly improving our teaching and learning in order to maximise opportunity for all. At Springwest we are determined that each and every student achieves and flourishes. We are a very welcoming school in which every child is cared for and supported. We know them well. Our students are happy. They like coming to school, where they feel secure and confident.
Our At Springwest we… ethos underpins everything we do.
At Springwest we…are determined to achieve and flourish. We do this by following a fair but firm set of rules. Remember our behaviours define us.
At Springwest we…
- Work hard
- Are kind
- Follow instructions
Academic success is crucial for the future success of our students. We have a highly accurate personalised tracking system for every student. They know what they can do and most importantly what they still need to conquer in order to improve. The accuracy of our assessment and tracking has further allowed us to introduce truly dynamic targeted early intervention to maximize progress. The Leadership Team’s rigorous self-evaluation ensures that there is robust challenge at all levels from student to teacher to senior leader. This means the achievement of our students from their starting points is high. Professional development for all of our staff is at the heart of everything we do. Our teachers are both reflective and inspirational in that they are always looking together to see how they can improve learning for every student in their classes. The trust’s Director of Teaching and Learning leads on the constant development of pedagogy and classroom practice.
As part of their wide curriculum experience we are determined that every young person at Springwest has the opportunity to take part in a full range of social and cultural experiences throughout their time at school. The Year Pledges, assembly programme and Red Day provision are some of the ways we support this offer.
This year we moved to a radical new structure so that the day starts later. Research shows that the adolescent brain engages best later in the morning. On Fridays we have an earlier finish. We currently have over 990 students on roll and we continue to be oversubscribed in Year 7. We operate a traditional Year and Tutor/ PREP group system. PREP is a discrete period running 3 x week for 40 minutes at the start of the day. Each year group has an attached Pastoral Mentor and an Achievement Coordinator. Our behaviour system adapts a warm strict approach which has restorative strategies at its core. The Academy is recognised as having some of the highest quality provision for supporting students. In January 2018 we were re-judged by Ofsted as ‘good’ in all areas. We look for every opportunity to celebrate our successes and involve our students in all aspects of improvement.
We benefit from fantastic sporting facilities and excellent ICT, that allows us to continually develop a more imaginative and modern curriculum. All members of our teaching staff are issued with a laptop and there are interactive boards and projectors in every teaching room. The entire site is covered for wireless access allowing all in our community to learn wherever they may be. We have a very advanced ICT managed service which offers us excellent support.
We have a Centre for students with a physical disability and a Centre for students with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. In addition we resource a Centre for vulnerable students who need support with their transition into and through, secondary school. The students in our specialist Centres are largely integrated into the whole academy. The Centres are very innovative and much respected in the community. In 2103 we welcomed The Rise School as a co-located partner school on the Tudor Park Education Trust campus. In 2016 we celebrated the opening of Logic Studio School, a partner school in our Trust. Together both schools have worked on an innovative and aspirational post 16 offer for our students.
One of the defining characteristics of Springwest is its range of active partnerships. We truly value and benefit from these and the following partners demonstrate our commitment to partnership working. These include:
- West London Teaching School Alliance
- Hounslow Education Partnership
- Facilitation School, Teach First lead training school. Strong networks of established school to school support driving pedagogy, training and improvement
- UCL, IOE, St. Mary’s, Brunel, RA of Dance, Roehamptonpartnerships for ITT
- Lead partner in the Aspire programme with Rambert Ballet
- Schoolworks Family Group Therapeutic intervention based in school for our most troubled and complex families (Ys 7 to 9)
- NCOP Lead Schoolworking with 2 partner Hounslow schools, to raise aspirations and awareness about HEIs. Working with Roehampton University, Kingston University and St. Mary’s University
- Aim Higher
- Somerville College, Oxford & Homerton, Cambridge raising aspirations for most able
- Kick London & Goals to support behaviour & attendance
- Anna Freud Centre & Think Ninja to support student wellbeing
- Stonewall to develop our diversity & equality work
- Hounslow Youth Counselling Service & London Children’s Practice (Speech & Language)
- Hounslow Trailblazer school for MH
- Developing successful academic transition at Y7 working with Victoria Juniors, Crane Park, Southville Juniors and other local primary schools
- DHL to support work related learning at KS4