Springwest Academy is part of Tudor Park Education Trust and is an exciting place to work and learn. There has been enormous energy created in radically improving our teaching and learning in order to raise standards and maximize the progress made by our students. In recent years we have been looking at how we can develop resilient learners. As a result we have developed the Springwest learner. The four main skills we have identified that are essential for the Springwest resilient learner are:
- Independence and Collaboration
- Inquisitive and Reflective
Our core values underpin everything we do at Springwest. They are
- Courage and Determination
- Inspiration and Excellence
- Friendship and Equality
We firmly believe that these are the qualities that stand morally strong and should be rewarded in our community. In return we as a school hold strong to our Student Pledges which have been developed for each year group. We are determined that every young person at Springwest has the opportunity to take part in a full range of social and cultural experiences throughout their time at school.
Academic success is crucial for the future success of our students. We have a highly accurate personalised tracking system for every student. They know what they can do and most importantly what they still need to conquer in order to improve. The accuracy of our assessment and tracking has further allowed us to introduce truly dynamic targeted early intervention in order to maximize progress. We set ourselves challenging targets and constantly look to see how we can do even better. The achievement of our students is very high. Professional development for all of our staff is at the heart of everything we do. Our teachers are inspirational and courageous in that they are always looking together to see how they can improve learning for every student in their class.
We currently have just about 900 students on roll. The achievement of students in our Sixth Form is exceptional with no failure and no excuses. We operate a traditional Year and Tutor Group system and a more recently developed House System. Each year group has an attached Pastoral Mentor and an Achievement Coordinator. The Academy is recognised as having some of the highest quality provision for supporting students. We were noted as ‘outstanding‘ by OFSTED in this area. We look for every opportunity to celebrate our successes and involve our students in all aspects of improvement.
We benefit from fantastic sporting facilities and excellent ICT, that allows us to continually develop a more imaginative and modern curriculum. All members of our teaching staff are issued with a laptop and there are interactive boards and projectors in every teaching room. The entire site is covered for wireless access allowing all in our community to learn wherever they may be. We have a very advanced ICT managed service which offers us excellent support.
We have a Centre for students with a physical disability and a Centre for students with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. The students in both our specialist Centres are largely integrated into the whole college. The Centres are very innovative and much respected in the community. We have welcomed The Rise School as a co-located partner school on the Tudor Park Education Trust campus. This year we are very excited about the opening of Logic Studio School, a partner school in our Trust.
The local community uses all of Tudor Park facilities extensively. The Academy has a good number of nationally recognised awards including Artsmark Gold, Cultural Diversity Gold, Sportsmark and is a healthy school.
One of the defining characteristics of Springwest is its range of active partnerships. These include:
- West London Teaching School Alliance, Challenge Partners, Hounslow EiP, London Leadership Strategy, Local Leader of Education, Challenge the Gap Facilitation School, Teach First lead training school. Strong networks of established school to school support driving pedagogy, training and improvement.
- Careers Academy UK. The main partners/supporters of our Academy of Finance are BP, DHL and IBM. Representatives from these supporting companies serve on our Career Academy Local Advisory Board at the College. Internship placements, Partners in Business (mentors), Trips/Visits and Guru Lecturers are secured and organised through the Board.
- Royal Ballet Schools aDvance Partnership yearly dance project with an established choreographer, professional dancers and Royal Ballet School pupils.
- BP Schools Link Plus Partner working with a team of identified future leaders from BP over a sustained period of 3 years on key themes identified from our School Development Plan
- Marlborough Family Group Therapeutic intervention based in school for our most troubled and complex families (Ys 7 to 9)
- Brilliant Club and partner universities (Kings College London, Oxford University, University or Warwick and University of Sussex) to widen access to highly selective universities by placing PhD students into school working with three different cohorts of our most able students.