Springwest Academy, part of Tudor Park Education Trust, is a dynamic, aspirational and forward looking place to work and learn. There has been enormous energy created in radically improving our teaching and learning in order to raise standards and maximise the progress made by our students. We are determined to ensure each and every student makes outstanding progress during their time here. Most recently we have really thought carefully about our curriculum offer and what is right for our students against the national context. In addition we have been looking at how we can develop all our students into resilient learners. Not only is this is a key life skill but essential for all learners to be successful and GCSE-ready. As a result we have developed the Springwest Learner. The four main skills we have identified as essential for the resilient Springwest Learner are:
- Independent and Collaborative
- Inquisitive and Reflective
Our core values underpin everything we do at Springwest. They are:
- Courage and Determination
- Inspiration and Excellence
- Friendship and Equality
We firmly believe that these are the qualities that underpin our moral strength and should be rewarded in our community. In return we as an academy hold strong to our Year Pledges which have been developed for each year group. We are determined that every young person at Springwest has the opportunity to take part in a full range of social and cultural experiences throughout their time at school.
Academic success is crucial for the future success of our students. We have a highly accurate personalised tracking system for every student. They know what they can do and most importantly what they still need to conquer in order to improve. The accuracy of our assessment and tracking has further allowed us to introduce truly dynamic targeted early intervention to maximize progress. The Leadership Team’s rigorous self-evaluation ensures that there is robust challenge at all levels from student to teacher to senior leader. This means the achievement of our students from their starting points is very high. Professional development for all of our staff is at the heart of everything we do. Our teachers are both reflective and inspirational in that they are always looking together to see how they can improve learning for every student in their classes.
We currently have over 900 students on roll. We operate a traditional Year and Tutor Group system and a House System. In 2017 we introduced this is how we do it at Springwest in the form of the At Springwest we… . Three different sets of expectations support students in their behaviour for learning both in and outside of the classroom, and allow for all students to focus on making strong progress in a safe and happy environment. Each year group has an attached Pastoral Mentor and an Achievement Coordinator. The Academy is recognised as having some of the highest quality provision for supporting students. We were noted as ‘outstanding ‘by OFSTED in this area. We look for every opportunity to celebrate our successes and involve our students in all aspects of improvement.
We benefit from fantastic sporting facilities and excellent ICT, that allows us to continually develop a more imaginative and modern curriculum. All members of our teaching staff are issued with a laptop and there are interactive boards and projectors in every teaching room. The entire site is covered for wireless access allowing all in our community to learn wherever they may be. We have a very advanced ICT managed service which offers us excellent support.
We have a Centre for students with a physical disability and a Centre for students with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. The students in both our specialist Centres are largely integrated into the whole college. The Centres are very innovative and much respected in the community. We have welcomed The Rise School as a co-located partner school on the Tudor Park Education Trust campus. In 2016 we celebrated the opening of Logic Studio School, a partner school in our Trust. Together both schools have worked on an innovative and aspirational post 16 offer for our students.
One of the defining characteristics of Springwest is its range of active partnerships. We truly value and benefit from these and the following partners demonstrate our commitment to partnership working
- West London Teaching School Alliance, Challenge Partners, Hounslow Education Partnership,
- Facilitation School, Teach First lead training school. Strong networks of established school to school support driving pedagogy, training and improvement
- UCL, IOE, St. Mary’s, Brunel, RA of Dance, Roehampton partnerships for ITT
- Lead partner in the Aspire programme with Rambert Ballet
- Marlborough Family Group Therapeutic intervention based in school for our most troubled and complex families (Ys 7 to 9)
- NCOP Lead school working with 2 partner Hounslow schools, to raise aspirations and awareness about HEIs. Working with Roehampton University, Kingston University and St. Mary’s University
- Somerville College, Oxford & Homerton, Cambridge raising aspirations for most able
- TutorFair to support learning in the classroom
- Developing successful academic transition at Y7 working with Victoria Juniors, Crane Park, Southville Juniors and other local primary schools
- DHL to support work related learning at KS4
- Shooting Star Hospices –student-led fundraising