Re: Health and Hygiene Day, Thursday 12th October 2017
As you may be aware we have our first Red Day on Thursday 12th October. This is a themed day in school for all students and all workshops for this day will be based around the theme of Health and Hygiene.
As with all our Red Days, we invite our partners from Health, Education and Industry from the local area to come and give talks and presentations to our students. Our Red Days enables us to provide essential Sex & Relationships education away from the more formal structure of timetabled lessons.
This year, all our Year 8 students will have workshops around the following:
- The importance of sleep to our general wellbeing and its importance for staying healthy.
- Colleagues from West Middlesex Sexual Health team will be in school talking to students about sexual health in general and contraception.
- Students have the opportunity to visit the mobile science laboratories that will be in school – they will discuss the importance of healthy bodies and healthy minds.
- ‘Visions’ will be in school talking to students about drug awareness.
- Each form tutor will deliver a workshop on emotional regulation – giving students strategies for coping with situations under pressure.
- Each form tutor will deliver workshops on safety and risk – giving students strategies for their personal safety as well as staying safe on line
As you can see, this is an action packed day for our Year 8 students. Please chat to them about their day when they arrive home! If you have any queries please do make contact with me.
Many thanks for your support.
Mr Marshall Banks
Subject Specific Revision Documents