Type of school: Academy Trust
All Hounslow schools have a similar approach to meeting the needs of students with Special Educational Needs and are supported by the Local Authority to ensure that all students, regardless of their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school. All schools are supported to be as inclusive as possible, with the needs of students with Special or Additional Educational Needs being met in a mainstream setting wherever possible, where families want this to happen.
The Academy’s SEND Offer can be read in detail by clicking the link below.
For the Hounslow SEND offer click the link below
Specialist provision on site
This school hosts two specialist Centres for students with autism and physical disabilities which are funded by the London Borough of Hounslow. Places at the Centres are commissioned by the Local Authority for students who meet the criteria for admissions.
All students placed in the Centres must have a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan which names the Centre as the required provision. The school cannot consider requests for placements in the Centre that have not been agreed by the London Borough of Hounslow SEN Team.
ASD Centre (The ARC) – Hounslow Authority Provision
How do I apply?
Placements are made through Hounslow Local Authority SEN Panel.
What sort of support should I expect my child to receive
- The centres aim to promote each student’s self-confidence and self-esteem and will begin to prepare your child for adult life.
- We want your child to achieve his/her academic, personal and social potential.
- Students in our centres have full access to the National Curriculum at Key Stages 3 and 4, and are integrated into mainstream lessons through a personalised programme that is specially tailored to their needs.
- Specially trained teachers and teaching assistants will monitor and / or support your child’s learning and progress in mainstream lessons and either individually or as part of a small group deliver programmes within the centres.
- Your child may also have access to other forms of support including programmes delivered by therapists e.g. Speech & Language, Physiotherapy and Occupational.
Who can I contact at the school?
|Dawn Botha||Director of Inclusionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Heather Casey||Head of Supportive Educationemail@example.com|
|Sharron Ryan||Head of Autistic Resource Centrefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jade Rayner-Jones||Head of Centre for Students with a Physical Disabilityemail@example.com