Teacher of Geography
We are looking for a Teacher of Geography to join our very strong Humanities Team. Geography is a popular subject and is also taught at A Level.
Date posted: Tuesday 22 May 2018
Closing date: 5 pm on Friday 1 June 2018
Start date: September 2018
Salary: MPS/UPS (Outer London)
Successful candidates informed by: Monday 4 June 2018
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 6 June 2018
Contract type: Full time but would welcome applications from people
looking for a part time role or flexible working
Contract term: Permanent
There will the possibility of additional responsibility for the right candidate.
To apply please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning and Teaching:
- Delivery of excellent Teaching and Learning across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop teaching across the department
- Contribute to the wider development of students at the school
- Undertake activities as required by the Head of Department
The law requires employees to:
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be
affected by what they do at work
- Co-operate with their employers on health and safety matters
- Do their work in accordance with training and instructions
- Inform the employer of any work situation representing a serious and immediate danger,
so that remedial action can be taken
- The school is committed to keeping your personal data safe. Please read our privacy notices which are GDPR compliant.
- Recruitment Privacy Notice (1)
- Workforce Privacy Notice (1)
- The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people as required under the Education Act 2002 and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Uphold the school’s policy in respect of child protection and safeguarding matters.
- Have commitment to the school’s equality policies.
- Ensure any extra-curricular activities will be free from partisan, political and religious view. Where political issues are discussed, a balanced view is always presented.
Our Springwest culture is one of aspiration, progression and innovation. You will be supported in trying new things and taking risks to improve the life chances of our students. You will make a real difference to our young people. They need you! Job satisfaction doesn’t come any better than that.
YOUR well-being –
We can only achieve our aims if we look after you as well as well as we look after our students.
At Springwest we are committed to:
- Flexibility: you will benefit from a well-planned academy calendar, an annual ‘thank you’ afternoon, two marking days, Wellbeing Weeks, flexible working arrangements and a 2.50 finish every Friday
- Time: The biggest impact on progress is simple – good teaching and learning. Everything else is peripheral. We will give you time to do this as well as additional time at key pressure points in the year
- Realistic Accountability: We have the highest expectations but remain flexible by removing unnecessary checklists that allow you to do your job in a style that suits you. Expect streamlined reporting and assessment and well-planned directed time
- Genuine support: Happy schools have happy teachers and that makes for happy schools. This involves listening to you carefully. Don’t take your work home.
YOUR progression –
We are ambitious for our community. This means our students AND our staff. We want you to become a future educational leader and it is our responsibility to help you make this happen.
- Advancement opportunities: when applying for future jobs you need to show experience and impact. You will be the recipient of high quality and well planned professional development opportunities throughout the year. You will also benefit from development opportunities across the Trust, the Hounslow Education Partnership and our local teaching alliance
- Coaching and mentoring – each member of our staff can chose to be coached and mentored by a member of staff across the MAT allowing you to develop skills and career goals in areas of most interest to you.
Here at Springwest Academy, part of Tudor Park Education Trust, we’re always seeking to better our best. We strive to provide outstanding teaching and abundant opportunities in a wonderfully diverse and compassionate community. We lead by example, providing the inspiration and encouragement needed to nurture fledgling aspirations, confidence and motivation. There is a culture of working together with an At Springwest we… approach to everything we do. Students can focus on making strong progress in a safe and happy environment because they know this is how we do it here. In turn you can plan outstanding learning knowing that students accept that this is how it is done here at Springwest. Our recent Section 8 Ofsted inspection (Jan 2018) confirmed that we are on our journey to outstanding.
Our pastoral structures and systems are excellent and each year group has an attached Pastoral Mentor and Achievement Coordinator. In addition the academy is recognised as having some of the highest quality provision for supporting vulnerable students. We look for every opportunity to celebrate our successes and involve our staff in all aspects of improvement.
We benefit from fantastic sporting facilities and excellent ICT, that allows us to continually develop a more imaginative and modern curriculum. All members of our teaching staff are issued with a laptop and there are interactive boards and projectors in every teaching room. The entire site is covered for wireless access allowing all in our community to learn wherever they may be. We have a very experienced ICT managed service which offers us excellent support.
Springwest is located on a large green site less than 30 minutes from Waterloo and only 7 minutes’ walk from Feltham station. With easy access to the M3 and M4 we are also well located for staff looking to live outside of central London.
This job description allocates duties and responsibilities but does not direct the particular amount of time to be spent on carrying them out and no part of it may be so constructed.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed at least once a year and it may be subject to modification at any time after consultation with the post holder.