Dance and Drama Teacher
We are looking for an inspirational and talented Dance and Drama teacher to join our ambitious and friendly Performing Arts Faculty.
You will play a key role in teaching Dance and Drama at KS3 and KS4 and will support the Head of Performing Arts to enhance provision. You will have the opportunity to get involved in lots of exciting projects including whole school productions, theatre trips, workshops and after school clubs. As an outstanding teacher, you will be ambitious for our students and community and will support our inclusive ethos.
Who you are
We are looking for a teacher who:
- - is passionate about, and committed to, enabling all students to fulfil their potential regardless of their starting point;
- - has a clear understanding of how students learn;
- - will lead by example and support students to achieve to the best of their ability.
What we offer
- - Department offices, assigned classrooms, staff laptops, cloud technology; we do our utmost to make your job work for your benefit.
- - We think differently. Take our school day as an example. Our later start of 9:20am for students allows our staff time to plan in the morning. It also responds to the adolescent brain which is more alert later in the morning.
- - Staff meetings take place in the morning; developing our staff is always a priority so it is only right that this takes place at the start of the day, free from the distractions and fatigue of the school day.
- - Finish at 1:50pm every Friday, start at 8:50am on Monday and leave your work at school; we want you to make the most of your weekend!
- - We are a good school (Ofsted 2018) and offer genuine support and guidance to our staff. After all, you are our most important resource.
- - A wide range of benefits including travel loans and a cycle to work scheme.
- - We take staff development very seriously and SLT are very visible.
If this sounds like the job for you then we would love to hear from you. Please contact Penny Davies by telephone on 0208 831 3007 or by email at email@example.com for any further information you need.
Contract start date: September 2021
Application closing date: 9:00am on Wednesday 14th April 2021
Interviews: Interviews will be held according to application
Salary: Outer London Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale (£29,915 to £45,766)
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Prepare for your first year and be paid over the summer with optional July start date.
Early finish every Friday.
Planned non-contact days to allow for marking following assessment periods.
Cycle to work scheme.
Free annual flu jabs.
Interest-free annual season ticket loan up to £3,000 to cover the cost of public travel between home and the workplace.
‘Finder’s fee’ recruitment programme.
On-site day nursery and a preschool (8am to 5pm Monday to Friday) offering discount to our staff.
The Government’s Tax-Free Childcare scheme is available to all eligible Trust employees.
Paid 'thank you' afternoon for eligible staff.
Employee Assistance Programme offering free & confidential counselling as well as general advice including financial.
Springwest is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants for the post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers, and a criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please send your completed application form and equalities monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Beatrice, English Teacher
Being an NQT at Springwest Academy has been an enriching experience; I feel like my voice is heard and my teaching philosophy valued, not only during department meetings but CPD too. I truly feel that this school is progressive and is open to exploring new, research based teaching strategies. This has really improved my professional development. Most importantly, there is, and has been since I arrived as a trainee, a comfortable, trusting and positive atmosphere throughout the school with excellent teachers which has made my time here.
Jennie, Science Teacher
The most positive aspect of my job has been the relationships that I have been able to build with the students, who are diverse and engaging. The senior management have been very flexible and understanding of my need for a home life balance and have supported me so that I have always been able to ‘be there’ for my own family.