Guidance in short
We would like to reassure you that we are taking every possible precaution for our students’ return, in line with current Government guidance. In particular, at Springwest we will be focussing on:
- Extensive hand washing and sanitising procedures for all students and staff;
- Increased cleaning of the building throughout the day and each evening;
- Adapted timetables to minimise student numbers for arrival, breaktime, lunchtime and departure;
- Half year group ‘bubbles’ for Years 7-9 and year group bubbles for Years 10 and 11 to minimise contact with other students;
- Reduction in classroom changes and lesson crossovers including staircases and entrances and exits to the building;
- Designated outside spaces for each bubble.
- Students will need to wear face coverings in the school building, including in classrooms.
- They won’t need to wear them outside the school building.
It is also important to note that full time attendance at school is expected for all students as per current government expectations. Parents are not allowed to keep their child at home unless:
- They have developed symptoms and are awaiting the result of a COVID-19 test. The school should be informed immediately of the results of this test.
- They are self-isolating, as a result of a positive test for themselves or a member of their household.
- They are quarantining having returned from an overseas holiday to a country on the quarantine list.
- The government shielding advice for vulnerable people was paused on August 1st 2020. However, if your child has received a letter from the NHS explaining that they must continue to shield because they are clinically extremely vulnerable please contact us to discuss. It is important that you share a copy of this letter with us in order for us to grant any absence.
Actions following reported symptoms
We have put in place control measures to reduce the risk of COVID transmission and whilst we perceive the risk to be small it cannot be eliminated.
- If your child exhibits the symptoms set out here by the NHS keep your child at home and immediately arrange for a test;
- Contact the school to report your child’s absence and to confirm when a test has been booked;
- Inform us of the result of this test as soon as you recieve it;
If the school receives notification of a positive test we will:
- Follow the guidance set out by the Department for Education and NHS England;
- Contact parents of individuals that may need to quarantine as a precautionary measure.
Note that, in line with guidance, this would not immediately result in the school asking an entire class or bubble to self-isolate.
In the event of your child being asked to self-isolate a full timetable will continue to be delivered through Google Classroom.
COVID in your household?
Hounslow Borough have produced a helpful flowchart to support parents in dealing with potential cases of COVID in your household. It gives clear advice on how to deal with any situation that may arise.