Lateral Flow Tests Explained
Home Testing Kits
- As part of the continued efforts in the fight against COVID-19 students have access to home tests. Asymptomatic testing remains a key pillar of the government’s test and trace strategy and supports us in keeping the school environment safe in the current climate.
- Students have now undergone three guided tests since returning to school and are well versed in the procedure. We have produced this short video as a reminder of the process and strongly recommend that you watch this to best support your child.
- Testing kits will be sent home with students according to our distribution schedule to ensure they always have access. They will be distributed at the end of the day as they leave the building and we will notify you when this is happening. The kits contain 7 tests.
- As part of the home testing regime you will be asked to report the results of your child’s lateral flow tests to the school. This is a simple process using a service called TestRegister. You should receive an email from this service on Wednesday. You will need to access this website using your email address each time you register a result with us. A second step prompts you to report your result to Gov.uk. We will do this on your behalf to save you double reporting.
- Students will need to test twice weekly, 3-5 days apart. This does not need to be in the morning before school so you may choose to test on a Monday and Thursday evening for example.
- Finally, we would encourage you to take advantage of the offer of free home testing kits that are being provided by the Government. You can order yours here.
How to use your home test kit
Please make yourself aware of our GDPR Privacy Notice which lets you know what data is shared and with whom as part of the Lateral Flow Testing Procedure.
Privacy Notice for Home Lateral Flow Tests linked here