We wish to appoint a creative, inspiring and motivated Teacher of Science to join our talented and friendly Science team. Applications are welcome from experienced teachers or NQTs.
The most difficult problems in society are ultimately solved by ensuring all students have access to an incredible education system. We are determined to make this the case in Feltham. We’ve got a really clear idea about the type of teachers we’d like to join our team. We know there is a recruitment crisis right now, but that doesn’t mean we’ll just settle for anyone we can get.
Who you are
- You know the difference a good teacher can make to a child's future and are determined that their socio-economic background will not dictate this.
- You believe that establishing strong relationships with students supports their personal development and preparedness to learn.
- You work collaboratively and understand that we achieve more working together.
- You have a relentless focus on the development of your classroom practice and welcome coaching and support.
What we offer
- Department offices, assigned classrooms, staff laptops, cloud technology; we do our utmost to make your job work for your benefit.
- We think differently; take our school day as an example. Our later start of 9:20am for students allows our staff time to plan in the morning, whilst they are fresh. It also responds to the adolescent brain, which is more alert later in the morning.
- Staff meetings take place in the morning; developing our staff is always a priority, it is only right that this takes place at the start of the day, free from the distractions and fatigue of the school day.
- Finish at 1:50pm every Friday and start at 8:50am on Monday and leave your work at school; make the most of your weekend!
- We are a good school (Ofsted 2018) and offer genuine support and guidance to our staff, after all, you are our most important resource.
- A wide range of benefits from flexible working to flu jabs and a lot more in between.
Contract start date: 1st September 2021
Application closing date: 12th April
Interviews: Virtual meeting and/or in-school meeting will be arranged according to application
Salary: Outer London Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale (£29,915 to £45,766)
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Prepare for your first year and be paid over the summer with optional July start date.
Early finish every Friday.
Planned non-contact days to allow for marking following assessment periods.
Cycle to work scheme.
Free annual flu jabs.
Interest-free annual season ticket loan up to £3,000 to cover the cost of public travel between home and the workplace.
‘Finder’s fee’ recruitment programme.
On-site day nursery and a preschool (8am to 5pm Monday to Friday) offering discount to our staff.
The Government’s Tax-Free Childcare scheme is available to all eligible Trust employees.
Paid 'thank you' afternoon for eligible staff.
Employee Assistance Programme offering free & confidential counselling as well as general advice including financial.
Please send your completed application form and equalities monitoring form to email@example.com
Beatrice, English Teacher
Being an NQT at Springwest Academy has been an enriching experience; I feel like my voice is heard and my teaching philosophy valued, not only during department meetings but CPD too. I truly feel that this school is progressive and is open to exploring new, research based teaching strategies. This has really improved my professional development. Most importantly, there is, and has been since I arrived as a trainee, a comfortable, trusting and positive atmosphere throughout the school with excellent teachers which has made my time here.
Jennie, Science Teacher
The most positive aspect of my job has been the relationships that I have been able to build with the students, who are diverse and engaging. The senior management have been very flexible and understanding of my need for a home life balance and have supported me so that I have always been able to ‘be there’ for my own family.