We are looking for a hard-working and committed Science teacher to join our ambitious and supportive Science department. You will play a key role in teaching Science at KS3 and KS4. As an outstanding teacher you will be ambitious for our students and community and will support our inclusive ethos. You will be keen to continuously develop your practice and have a collaborative approach across the department. This post is
a full time post open and we welcome applications from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
What we are looking for
A teacher who
● is passionate about and committed to enabling all students to fulfil their potential regardless of their starting point
● has a clear understanding of how students learn
● will lead by example and support students to achieve the best of their ability
● has qualified teacher status;
We take staff development very seriously and are a friendly and inclusive school offering a variety of staff
What we offer
- Department offices, assigned classrooms, staff laptops, cloud technology; we do our utmost to make your job work for your benefit.
- We think differently; take our school day as an example. Our later start of 9:20am for students allows our staff time to plan in the morning, whilst they are fresh. It also responds to the adolescent brain, which is more alert later in the morning.
- Staff meetings take place in the morning; developing our staff is always a priority, it is only right that this takes place at the start of the day, free from the distractions and fatigue of the school day.
- Finish at 1:50pm every Friday and start at 8:50am on Monday and leave your work at school; make the most of your weekend!
- We are a good school (Ofsted 2018) and offer genuine support and guidance to our staff, after all, you are our most important resource.
- A wide range of benefits from flexible working to flu jabs and a lot more in between.
Contract start date: 1st September 2021
Application closing date: 9am on Wednesday 23rd March 2022
Interviews: Will be held according to application
Salary: Outer London Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale (£29,915 to £45,766)
Contract type: Full-time. However, we welcome applications from people looking for a part time role or flexible working.
Contract term: Permanent
Prepare for your first year and be paid over the summer with optional July start date.
Early finish every Friday.
Planned non-contact days to allow for marking following assessment periods.
Cycle to work scheme.
Free annual flu jabs.
Interest-free annual season ticket loan up to £3,000 to cover the cost of public travel between home and the workplace.
‘Finder’s fee’ recruitment programme.
On-site day nursery and a preschool (8am to 5pm Monday to Friday) offering discount to our staff.
The Government’s Tax-Free Childcare scheme is available to all eligible Trust employees.
Paid 'thank you' afternoon for eligible staff.
Employee Assistance Programme offering free & confidential counselling as well as general advice including financial.
Please send your completed application form and equalities monitoring form to email@example.com
Beatrice, English Teacher
Being an NQT at Springwest Academy has been an enriching experience; I feel like my voice is heard and my teaching philosophy valued, not only during department meetings but CPD too. I truly feel that this school is progressive and is open to exploring new, research based teaching strategies. This has really improved my professional development. Most importantly, there is, and has been since I arrived as a trainee, a comfortable, trusting and positive atmosphere throughout the school with excellent teachers which has made my time here.
Jennie, Science Teacher
The most positive aspect of my job has been the relationships that I have been able to build with the students, who are diverse and engaging. The senior management have been very flexible and understanding of my need for a home life balance and have supported me so that I have always been able to ‘be there’ for my own family.